Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Next Time... More Comics!

Amazingly I am back from my travels just to stop by and post this... it is inspired from actual events that took place from back when I lived in the Nautica Apartments in 2005 - from which I took some awesome photos of the naval base and sunsets and sunrises, etc. with my Crappy Digital Camera. (Ah, I remember the Crappiness!)

This really happened, and yes, that's a real song I made up. Click for a larger image.

first nociceptor comic

I'm sorry EdgeWalker! Or not. I'm not sure. The guy in the top panel is Larkin McIntyre, the Neo-Nazi that I also wrote about because he was so crazy.

In the second comic, we are very much more towards the present (at that time), which was after I had already moved in with Lou Ryan. This would, then, be the stalking phase that didn't really occur just before that. The drool, however, is accurate.

nociceptor spies lou

ISN'T THAT THE SEXIEST THING YOU EVER SAW? And so, of course, when you find yourself obsessed with a man, the next thing you must do is get his attention....

nociceptor confesses love

Is that not the most f'd up thing you've ever seen? And I did that almost three years ago now! Oh, and I even made another comic... it's a flashback from Dr. Nociceptor's painful childhood - which also happens to be my painful childhood as well.

young nociceptor

Wanna know something cool? The actual real-live dinosaur statue is the same as the one underneath the red dragon in this charcoal drawing I did when I was about nineteen. (Honestly, I didn't know what else to do with it!)

charcoal drawing

I think the dinosaur, which I made whenever Scipionyx was discovered, has since gone into a storage shed which my mom is planning to loot soon. Maybe she'll say 'hi' to it!

6 comments:

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monique said...

I'll bet you had sexy japanese or chinese visiting you. He has been everywhere.

Enjoyed your comics. Keep 'm coming

Spoony Quine said...

I did indeed. How do those things spread so well?

Thanks. As a matter of fact, I don't have any more comics. I stopped those sometime in 2006, I think.

Kingcover said...

HA! I was going to say that you should make a comic series about your antics with Superhero Lou Ryan but if you've stopped doing comics three years ago it might be a little difficult to get back into it again ;-)

Dr Zibbs said...

Nice work. Reminds me of R Crumb.

Spoony Quine said...

Yes Gareth, but you never know what the future might hold....

Zibbs, Really? :D And I'm only a little less screwed up than him.