Monday, April 20, 2009

Lou Ryan Comics, and Dr. Nociceptor, 2006

In the past, I have mentioned my comic strips and other more recent artwork from my Red Sketchbook. Among the first was the comic strip I had drawn to promote the next musical performance by my newly-discovered boyfriend, Lou Ryan, as per his dictation.

I told you he was a superhero.... Click the images for a closer look.

Lou Ryan 1

Oh, Sledgehorn! Now you've done it!

Lou Ryan 2

Gar... the last panel looks a little... off, but on the whole I thought it was cool.

As I recall, I went with Lou himself to the copy machine when he put together the first page and the top of the second one onto his promotional fliers. At the actual show, he had additional fliers revealing what our hero had accomplished.

As it happened, making these also helped to renew my own comic strip presence... a parody of 'The DNA Store'.

pain

It looks a little wonky, partially because I drew it while practically leaning against a mirror - this very mirror in the tiny 'closet' I had lived in at the time.

mirror of mirror

The reason this photo is called 'mirror of mirror' is because it's actually flipped backwards so that you can see the room the right way around - yes, that was my whole apartment!

You can read more about the post from which that came right here.

As for now, I have - yes! - more comics! You'll see. Later.

2 comments:

g-man said...

You haven't aged a bit!!

Spoony Quine said...

Awww, you're just sayin' that!