Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sketches of My 2006 'Night Life'

I was going to post this earlier, but I absolutely had to finish my library book before I could let myself off the hook. So here I am to dote on any faithful readers left with some more of the artwork I wish I could have posted at the time I'd drawn it....

Way back when, hanging out with friends was a welcome distraction to ghetto life. And what better way to distract oneself than to hang out with some unusual humans - including Cheshire Human!

cheshire human cat

She lives in Victoria now (Canada) so I don't see her too often anymore.

I recall we went to Castle quite a few times with X-Dan (elf) to see the drag queens, and more often than not I would wind up severely mangled. Somehow.

miss something

Today, Castle is no more! I wonder where they all went? Bye Rusty! Bye Fendi!

drag queens

Oh yes, and we can't forget this creature... it's TallGuy! Also known as Stephen.


evil monkey

...As opposed to the evil monkey in my closet... he's another story.

Anyway, that's my spectacular post. Tomorrow I'm going to make a post for Corrigendopedia. ... I think. I'd better check my schedule. Yes, I have a schedule for keeping track of which blog posts I should do and when, I just neglected to take it with me.

Scout's honor.

Now that school's out I have time to get on the internet each day, and I'm not going to schedule posts to go up in a few day's time. That way I can get a regular routine for being online and won't let myself skip days.

I remember what happened when I let myself skip one day at the gym. I got massively sick from sitting-around-induced constipation.

That's what I said. If that's what it was. Searing pain. Up. To. My. Esophagus. And I almost passed out because I have hypoglycemia and couldn't get my blood sugar up. And all because I didn't go to the gym one day and my habit counter reset to zero and I forgot that I even went to the gym each day the next day and then missed gym the next day....

So here's my point; I'm not often able to go on the internet in one day, so if I try to set up a habit and it's broken the next day because I just can't get on the internet, I forget that the habit is supposed to exist. That's how screwed up my mind has gotten. It's kinda scary.

Similar with electric piano, I haven't played in so long because of all the complaints I get. They can't hear me playing because I'm wearing the headphones, but the noise that the keys make when they move up and down causes vibrations that travel through the walls until I get yelled at for banging on the walls.

And the guy who yells at me the most is the only person in the house who I want to yell at for banging on my electric piano and turning it all the way up so everyone in the whole house can hear because we all think that sounds awful.

Anyway.

Food-buying time. Got to go.

5 comments:

Connie said...

Sarah, I like your drawings. You are very creative. You must be great fun to hang out with. I love the Cheshire human and the Tall guy/Stephen/Evil Monkey. :-)

Hope you are having a good Sunday!

Middle Ditch said...

All those people who you once knew and who have disappeared from your life. You have sketches of them, mine live in my memory. Beautiful sketches they are indeed.

Spoony Quine said...

Thanks!!

Ironic thing: Tomorrow evening I'll be forfeiting another chance to hang out with Nympho, Jesus, Dandruff, TallGuy, etc in order to attend a Lou Ryan Productions mixer and peddle some sketches!

Monado said...

Very nice sketches!

For the other problem, drink a lot more water. "Water sufficient for processing" really helps. Have a bottle of water around all the time and just keep sipping and refilling. And try to find some kind of snack you like that has fibre in it: trail mix, toasted corn, wasabi peas, Indian dahl mix, etc. With water on the side. :)

Spoony Quine said...

Wow, that was almost graphic what I wrote. Thanks, Monado. I have the 'water' part down, at least....