Saturday, September 5, 2009

A few Sketches of Silliness

So much for adding content to this blog during my break! I have, however, been diligently kindling The Corrigendopedia site, and hopefully it will soon blossom into something super-amazing!
` Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take a week-long break from the Corrigendopedia because I'm going to visit my mommy in Georgia, for the first time evar! However, I may still manage to update this site because I do have a post in the works.

Anyway, as for my sketches, from around the winter of 2006 and 2007, I drew a few silly things you may enjoy:
` First of all, Evil Monkey outside of my closet (from last post) had a funny idea. Though I'm far from being a believer in "grays" (especially after I turned one purple during a sleep paralysis episode), I couldn't resist drawing it as a tribute to Steve Irwin.

gray irwin

No, Gray Irwin, you don't want to mess with Dr. Nociceptor! She'll turn your ass purple!

I also had a funny idea, but I had no idea where to go with it.

dam nation

'Tis the plight of the industrious beaver, I suppose, but look! You can see the next drawing through the paper! It's a little more amusing....

Have you ever heard of the Anime called Sailor Moon? Well, this is her cousin, Whaler Moon! "In the name of the moon, I shall harpoon you! For great justice!"

whaler moon

Drat! Now I have that song stuck in my head... "We're whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon, hi ho the dilly-o, we're whalers on the moon!"

Argh!

Anyway, I'll try to put my next post up in a few days, while I'm still on vacation.

3 comments:

Middle Ditch said...

Love the Steve Irwin (spelled it right I hope) sketch. Just so like him and yes RIP Steve

Spoony Quine said...

Thanks, Middle Ditch! Steve-o really was cool, even though I used to make fun of him sometimes. His enthusiasm was a bit much for me.

` Hey, you know what's funny? You're the first person to comment since I've been in Georgia, and you're the only one whose blog I've not been to, primarily because I don't have much listening capacity at the moment, and because I've been busy doing stuff like boating with alligators.
` You just may be my number one fan! Give yourself... something!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.