Saturday, May 10, 2008

Disturbing and Disturbinger! Where do I come up with this crap?

On with the old sketches - from back when I lived in Ohio. In Hinckley, which was somewhat near Medina, there was this dam....
hinckleydam It's called the Hinckley Dam. Really. (I would have made it nice an' pretty, but it was a 3-minute sketch.) I also used to have more hair. I always dreamed of chopping the back of it off, though (and my dream's finally been realized)! lotofhair Can anyone guess when I was drawing these? sept11 What's sad is it was originally labeled September 12! Then again, maybe I actually made the drawings on September 12. Whenever it happened, Zorak sure seemed glad. shutupzorak Yay for terrorism and death! theplane Somewhat irritated by the whole news phenomenon of it all, I turned to Brak once more. Hey, it's Brak's parents! braksparents But I much prefer Brak. As you can see in this grossly enlarged photo of a tiny drawing, you can see just how cute the little fella is. brak Apparently, Gourdy also embodies Zorak. Do not ask me what's going on here. He's a shape-shifter, because he's a space-filler, a'ight. I don't claim to understand these things. zorak1 No! Not the cute bunnies! Click this one to see the outcome! zorak2 What the hell?

Then, on the next page we find one of my deepest, darkest secrets....
fillpants Thus, my true feelings were revealed! Argh!

Hey, does anyone know I made a post in 2006 called
My Sketchbook is Full of Brak? It has all the funny stuff I wrote in my sketchbook, but no sketches - i.e. there are quotes such as this titillating exchange:

"Oh my God, he'll tear your arms off!"
"But I love my arms! That's where my hands live!"

So please do see that post! They go together. Like Peanut Butter and Jelly!
tansit Tansit is such a weenie. And I totally forget what's going on with the Fat Albert Eyeball thing. thisthing My favorite character of all was Thundercleese. What a sweetie! thundercleese Somehow I just gave up on drawing him, though. It was taking a while, I guess.

` I still recommend going here to read about this section of my sketchbook. I know... I'm just too lazy to combine the two posts. Like a lazy person.

` *Attention* I'm also too lazy to come up with an ending for this post, though my next post is scheduled for May 15!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disturbing and disturbinger -- I see where you came up with the title! Which is more, I wonder? The Brak Show or the fact that your Brak segue (if that's the right word for it) is the WTC attacks?