Friday, December 7, 2007

My last weeks of Fall Quarter...

` Hooray for Fall Break! It's that magical time between Fall and Winter Quarters! While I was sad that my trip to the Seattle Art Museum was delayed once more (*shakes fist at weather*), I did nevertheless complete all of the paintings I shall put up here.
` But before I do so, I thought you might enjoy this photo I took from my little corner in the art studio....

` On the left is a sketch I did, then my second self-portrait I was doing from the sketch (with one eye all wonky), then Fruit Painting #3 (which I just touched now up at home) and my first self-portrait (with the chin and other eye all wonky).
` I also thought you might like to behold my bestest art-oriented classmate this quarter, Igorina, who is best known for doing drawings similar to the ones by this fellow here.

` I also thought you might want to gaze upon four of my lovely artificial assistants....

` I'll have more stuff up this month. You know, because I'll have time. Just let me take a bit to recover from my natural body chemistry vs. my G.I. tract....

7 comments:

Kingcover said...

Holy enchilada Batman that's either one ginormous tomato or a very small apple?! :-P

Good job on the paintings and sketches! I drew a shoe one time in art class in High School. Maybe I'll try it again to see if I have improved any.

Spoony Quine said...

` Since when are tomatoes smaller than apples? Don't tell me this has something to do with the pumpkin-repellent weather of Ireland.... Up here in giant apple country (and small tomato country), it looks perfectly unremarkable.
` ...Either way, they're artificial!

` P.S. come on, Gareth! The only way to improve your art skills is to practice, so I suggest drawing many shoes, and maybe other things like maps to your lucky charms.

morgetron said...

I really really really want to trade with you.

No pressure though.

But I really really really want to.

I'm sorry that my art isn't as good as yours, but I promise you that when I die, which could be any day, it could be worth something. I guarantee it.*

*Not Guaranteed.

-J

Spoony Quine said...

` Er, okay. Well, I have a few blank canvases for break. Is there anything speshel you've always wanted a painting of?

Unknown said...

Very nice, as usual!

Spoony Quine said...

` Superfastthanks!

Anonymous said...

Not only are your paintings supreme, but those artificial assistants look good enough to eat!