Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mark Kang-O'Higgins

` This guy - Mark Kang-O'Higgins - is going to teach painting at EVCC Spring Quarter! (Part-time, anyway, he has a 'real' job at the Seattle Academy of Fine Art.) I'm planning to be his student! Just look at how cute he is:

` Er... ah... trust me. He's cute. And has a cute Irish accent. I saw him one day whilst painting fruit. That was the day he got his job interview. Er... ah... he hasn't actually been painting all that long, but he produced some really nice stuff - in front of some of the art faculty! They were so amazed!
` Well, I think I'll amaze you - the next thing I get up will be all three of my fruit paintings (I'm just getting back to finishing the third one), and then some self-portraits (I did my first one the other day within three hours and Sandy was stunned by how amazingly great it was)!
` Now that I actually paint for hours every day (instead of less than two hours a week), I'm getting things done a lot faster! If only I realized I was permitted to do that earlier....
` By the way, if you'd like to see more of Mark's paintings and drawings, go to his website. Here it is:



` Go there. He's good. And he looks good in a hoodie! Iddn't he a cutie widdle art teacher?

` Is it just me, or do I have schnoogie-woogums disease?

` ...But he's so cute! Just like that gay guy who I just... um... nothing.

` And he's not gay.

` He has a wife and children.

` You can see them if you just go to his website.... Go!

6 comments:

Kingcover said...

He must be from Galway (west coast Ireland). Ha, he moved from one west coast to another. Neat trick lol.
Would you like a career in painting or are you just happy to keep it as a hobby for the moment?

Anonymous said...

So, did you really do it or not?

Unknown said...

I see that Mark has studied primarily in Scotland and some in Ireland. Also that he has an academic background in sociology and political science. He really sounds like someone with whom I would enjoy talking. I also am impressed with his artistic creations.

Enjoy him, Sara. I think you will benefit from having him as your teacher.

Spoony Quine said...

` I will enjoy him! Such a tasty little - er, ah, intelligent person with which to converse. And to learn painting from, because that is what I really want to do in life.

` And Galtron... since my mom reads this blog... I'll never tell!

Kingcover said...

Hi to Sara's mum *waves*. Hahahaha :-)

Spoony Quine said...

` (Actually, she doesn't read everything - but she makes a point to look at all the pictures!)