Monday, June 4, 2007

I used to take photos a lot, too!

` Could I be any more blog-lazy? Well, I have something to make up for it....

` I had almost forgotten - the day Lou Ryan (superhero extraordinaire) bought me the FabCam, I digitally photographed a random handful of old photos I took when I was about fifteen years old.

` So yes, I have photos of photos. And I was quite the photographer back then - I needed something to distract me from my PsychoDad.
` What's the first one I dare show you? Why, it's my old Katie Girl (star of many drawings), who absolutely loved CatBath time! You'd think she tasted like caramel sauce!

` By the way, how do you like my rug? Is it a good backdrop for this sort of thing?

` Since this batch of photos is a motley crew of relatively unremarkable subjects (of which I've taken many other photos), I have divided them into rather arbitrary categories, as you will see:

` Geeses.

` I've taken hundreds of pictures of these lazy, obnoxious, overweight birds who have forgotten how to migrate, and someday I may actually post fully a quarter of them.
` Here's one drinking from a puddle at my former school in Ohio, Tri-C.

` Here's a photo of the geeses being lazy and digesting enough grass to make walking across the lawn hazardous:

` The geeses in this photo were probably waddling for their lives from a scary human! Oh no!


` Small, friendly woodland creatures.

` Up until recently, my mom worked at a hunting club, which was visited by such celebrities as Dick Goddard the Local Weatherman and 'The Dirt Devil Guy'. There are a lot of animals there, many of them waiting for the exciting opportunity to be released from their cages, madly flee from the dogs, then be shot up something fierce and cooked up on the grill.
` This green frog in one of the ponds, however, is lucky not to be included on the menu.

` This particular species of sparrow is known for its ability to thrive in a barbed wire environment.

` It is also well-known for its adaptation to chain-link fences.

` Here's a little chippymunk rodent, lurking by our own chain-link fence (erected to keep our creepy stalker neighbor out), enjoying the haphazard arrangement of cinder blocks.

` And here we have a nice new shiny mallard, which despite appearances is considerably less annoying than the geeses.

` Oh, I can't forget about Chess the garter snake! (Chess had two siblings, Checkers and Backgammon, though the wiley Backgammon was soon squashed after escaping under a rug.)


` Dragonflies.


` The hunting club where my mom worked was absolutely full of the things. My favorite was this type - looks like a Brachymesia species! (Unfortunately, as this is a photo of a photo, it's a bit blurry.)

` Here's a much smaller dragonfly hanging onto a stalk for dear life as it is being tormented by the wind.

` This one is a spy, posing as a bee. I don't think it got very far, though.


` Other subjects I happened to run into.

` This includes EdgeWalker's younger brother, as he was long ago. (It appears that both boys were born with the 'bleached hair' gene.) As I recall, he was considerably cooler and more mature than I was, despite the fact that he was younger than me. I was such a dork....

` To contrast and compare, my hanging photo of Patchwork Willy. (He's not new to the blogging world, however.) In this photo of the photo, you can almost see my reflection in the glass, whereas my first one was digitized by benefit of scanner.

` And most startling was the day I looked up and saw these things....

` They scared the crap out of me until I realized they were the Blue Angels.

` To finish up, one last photo of my Katie Girl, bestest friend to me on the planet. Wish she was still around.

` Oh well, I gotta go do tons of homework now. Catch you later.

3 comments:

G-Man said...

A superb montage of Sequine Photos..
Does your talent know no bounds?
Great Job and I hope you ace all your exams!!!
Carry On...xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Nice photos--I like the snake lots! But how did you get sibling snakes? Captive breeding? Was there some kind of nest?

A muse: you're contrasting and comparing a llama with a person. You have strange ways of evaluations!

P.S.: The Dirt Devil Guy! Such greatness! Did he bring any of those golden labs hunting with him?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.