Thursday, May 17, 2007

Twisted Sketchbook: The Fruity Chapter, Part 1

` Yes, I'm still here, just forgot to put this up. (I was distracted, etc.) This post concerns some... uh, strange drawings I did when I was about eighteen while I was borrowing my cousin's Sega Saturn.
` This whole sequence has to do with 'Nights', the fruitiest video game character I ever saw. So fruity, I decided that he
must be gay if he was going to be funny and outlandish enough to make a story with, which I finally wound up doing.
` The first thing I did was note the fruitiness as well as the vast absurdities such as fully-clothed 'Nightopians' hatching from eggs laid by who-knows-what. I started by writing about some things, including the fact that there is a boy and a girl character, and the boy character resembles a blue version of Bob's Big Boy, and if you lose apparently the children die in their sleep! Whoo!
` Here I describe many things as well as take visual note of such things as the Clock of Doom, the giant Scorpionfish, Rodent-Shaped explosives and other things that are harder to make out. (Click for larger image, though you may have trouble reading it.)


` And then, I decided I enjoyed drawing it so much, I'd make fun of even more stuff, including a counter that judges a 'Mass of Hysteria' Nights can gather in a 'magnetic' state, as well as the fact that one can make it appear that he is groping a creature (which is saying "I'll sue!").
` The caption on the top left says; 'They weren't kidding when they said he had quite a diving form!' We also see 'Reala' (center, just as ugly as Nights) for the first time.


` And I got progressively better at this. I even labeled Nights' characteristics, including 'mascara', 'what's with the jewel?', 'shoes?!', 'legs atrophied from not walking on them', and 'collar that's been out of style for hundreds of years'.
` By the way, the drawing at the top right illustrates how Nights vanquishes his enemies; Death by Sparkles! If that isn't the fruitiest way to kill....


` After deciding that 'Mr Sigfried and Roy' makes the Gilliwing go 'BOOM!' I began my storyline (complete with Disclaimer on my usage of the word 'fruity') by drawing actual frames from the game. Then, I added Gourdy the shape-shifting MIR Space Filler. The rest... is fruit-tastical.

` I think Gourdy is so stylish as a Fruit-Dragon... of course he's got lots on Nights!

` I don't know what I was thinking with the first word bubble here, though I came up with a good idea here - these action sequences are almost like the Bionic Man!

` Oh no! Gourdy seems to be gaining!

` Ah! Will this be the final confrontation?

` Will Nights out-fruit the shape-shifter? Can he!? Tune in next time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. i'ts kinda hard to read the words, but the pictures are awesome! I like the part where he says "Bring it on" to the kitten (which I guess is really Gourdy. Why do you have to make things so confusing?)
Cool motion sequences on the last one! Can't wait for the conclusion!

Spoony Quine said...

` Patience, child. (But hopefully not as much patience as my other gaps between posts. I don't have an excuse now that I'm back from the dead.)

Anonymous said...

So, does that make you a zombie?