Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A whole new level of weird... noch auf Deutsch!

In the last post, we saw how I apparently had gotten some kind of strange mail-in German education about ten years ago (in the days I don't really remember). In my loneliness, I had littered my 'homework' with drawings of the MIR Space Filler, Gourdy.

But you haven't seen the half of it.

Though this is a rough sketch, it heralds in the ominousness... Was konnte vielleicht zunächst geschehen?

Abbruch und Brand!


Ein kleiner Witz, vermutlich vom Buch!

Gourdy: "With what do you stir your coffee?"
Jitters: "With my right hand."
Gourdy: "That's funny. I use a spoon!"


My confusion: innate or brain damage? Mindestens ich denke, der ist, was ich bedeutete. Nicht eine sehr gute Übersetzung, zwar.

Und jetzt, reisen wir zu Yoshis-Insel! (SuperNintendo war mein nur Freund.) Auf Yoshis-Insel, Yoshi, das der Dinosaurier um Mario trägt. Jedoch ist Mario ein Baby, und die Dingos versuchen, ihn zu stehlen!
` (Okay, the dingos weren't the ones trying to steal baby Mario... it was the Magikoopas!)


Dieses ist, wohin wir durch Nazis gejagt erhalten! Schauen Sie! - Hitler ist Baby Mario, und die Yoshi Dinosauriere sind alle Nazin!

Die Zahlen bedeuten, dass Baby Mario Hitler aus Zeit heraus läuft. Wenn er ist, swoop verrückte Reptilien unten und stehlen ihn!

Schließlich ging dieses weit aus meiner Reichweite heraus.... Übersaurus Rex?

Glücklicherweise speichert Fräulein Plarg den Tag! (Hey, there's a math book in that explosion! Also, Jitters must really need his coffee....)

Sie töten alle Nazin und die verrückten Baby-Mario-Brüder! De blud! And de guts! And de blud!

Baby Mario und Luigi schauen nicht gebegeistert. Keine tun die Nazi-Yoshis! Krocketschläger?!

Erklären Sie mir, dass nicht dieses nicht geisteskrank ist! (Oder. mindestens seltsam!)

Aaaaanyway... that was weird. Told ya! But it was much better than Part I.

Oh, and as for old Übersaurus Rex, at first I thought the idea had been all mine, but out of curiosity I Googled the name and sure enough... he is right on the spectacular, movie poster-like cover of Samurai Cat Goes to Hell, a book I don't seem to remember reading.
` Unless it's that one where he slices the heads off the Cerberus, which are replaced with even more, smaller heads, to the point where there are thousands of tiny gnashing jaws and a very horny character wades into them and says, "This is deeee-lightful!"

For some reason, I guess, the image of that broccoli-headed dog really sticks in my mind. You ought to check that book out! Of the library, if you can find it!

No comments: