Friday, November 14, 2008

Heilig Scheiße! Was ist dieses? Sprach ich einmal… Deutsch?

Not only that, but I knew I had ADD back then, according to these papers. Like, how could I forget learning German or the fact that I had very severe ADD (not so bad in recent years, now that I found out about it and have gotten help).
` Like... wie kann das vielleicht geschehen? How can you just forget something like this? Well I suspect I didn't actually take German lessons anywhere but rather mailed these things to someone who spoke German!

That's a different story - I can tell this by the way the papers are all folded in the same way as they would go in an envelope! Aha!!

Other than that, the only sure thing I can say is that I had apparently gotten reasonably well at drawing Gourdy, who I had often employed as the MIR Space Filler back in my teenage years.

I also evidently had a lot of fun with German words that I learned. Here are some which are supposed to have some kind of double meaning, or else with meanings that I made up, as evidenced by the illustrations:

What does all this mean? I'm not 100% sure, but this is what I think I must have meant:

StereoUnion, LandBread
TouristBox, WonderPlan (evidently a deviant AI)
VideoBasketball, CityDoor (bigger than the skyscrapers!)
RoomHotel, MineralCard
NorthSea Ostrich, StudentMarket
CheeseLamp, DishDwelling
FlowerWater, FishInformation (don't get caught!)
TrafficCoast BeachRecorder (remarking on said beach's talent - the 'shale' may be a play on words to mean 'flat' in German, but I'm not sure)

Oh, and it looks like the MIR Space Filler, meets a that curly-eared girl. Where have we seen her? (Oh yes, that's Plarg!)

Even stranger, these papers for some inexplicable reason reveals that I had once gone to a chiropractor because my atlas (top) neck vertebra was twisted to the point where it was difficult to move my head.
` How did that happen? I have an idea; before I was 23, I didn't know that relaxing my muscles - in a way that doesn't have to do with going to the bathroom - was even remotely possible.
` I'm serious.
` Anyway, now at least I know to go to a doctor if I have some kind of spinal problem. And as you can read below, the chiropractor actually zapped me with electrodes!

And as for little Gourdy... he has woman troubles I guess.


I think this is supposed to mean; "Oh no, I'm only a drawing! Aaaaaaa - hey, what's German for Aaaaaaaa!?"
` Not a very good translation, though.

I think this is supposed to mean; "I've had too much!"

I think he's supposed to be puking in the grass or something.

Even more bizarrely, we find an indication of the Clinton/Lewinsky sex scandal, using a double entandre, which puts a date on this to around 1998 - I must have been about sixteen!

By the way, I think that a Hubschrauber ('Hopping Screwer') is now just called a 'Helicopter', for reasons which are obvious even in German.

As for Gourdy, above, he is expressing reluctance at the glorification of these 'fools'. Below, he says, "I must own these two!"
` On the left-hand side, he says, "I have eaten too much rotten fish!"

Oh, I remember the magical marker of permanence!

In German, the letter 'J' is pronounced 'Yott'... that might explain why it's in water and there are people on it having some kind of strange party. Or something. I don't know what they're saying, really....

I think this is supposed to mean 'do they have something to say?' and something about having more time for fun now that it's over, but I'm not sure what.


Breathing room!

Gourdy says, "Here we go again!"

That's all that's really practical for loading up on one post at a time, but if you think that the fact that I learned some German is just as odd as I do... stick around for PART II of this bizarrity - where we see these papers take an even stranger and more disturbing turn!

OH YES!! Mua ha ha ha!

3 comments:

Middle Ditch said...

I can't wait.

Do you know a little Dutch too? That language is closely related to German.

morgetron said...

I have a friend ... who would love these.

He's a German teacher in Nebraska.

Spoony Quine said...

Nope. I don't even really know a little German. I must take some languages in school.

Better send him this link if you haven't already, girl!