Saturday, May 31, 2008

This is unexpected...

I never thought I'd have to use my cat-drawing skills for this....

Not the best, but it'll do in a pinch. Looks just like Vada (or Vayda, if you want to get phonetic). Of course, a drawing isn't enough - I needed a photo, but the internet on my computer wasn't working, and neither was my flash drive, and the CD drive wasn't accepting the disks we had.
` So then I had to go to Staples, buy more CDs, put the image on the CD, go back to Staples, have 20 copies made... of course it didn't go like that. Basically, the computer got stuck and I was waiting around for 45 minutes, very hungry and anxious, wondering when it would start up again. When it did, it took ten minutes to print out some really crap-tastic versions, so here's the original instead:

Lou Ryan stapled these up all over the neighborhood. But this wasn't to be of any use to us - wouldn't you know? Today - that's only ten days later - I poked my head out the door to hear Vada's characteristic "Rowwww! Rowwww!" Which, as you may recall, means "I'm scared!"
` Violet charged out the door to investigate. We found that it was coming from the basement.
` Luckily we were able to get the key within five minutes and Lou managed to chase her down. At this very moment, the much skinnier Vada is lying on my left arm and thigh with her paws in the air, kneading my shirt. And her sister Violet is still doting on her, staring at her with lovey doveyness in her eye.
` Vada, glad to know you're as goofy as ever!

She was pretty hungry first thing....

There was also a lot of doting on her on both Violet's and mine behalf.

Oh sweetie! Sweetie on my arm! I'm so glad you came back! Oh, now Lou is playing with Violet beause Vada is too tired to play yet! Oh, spoke too soon - she just got up to attempt to get in on the action!

14 comments:

Middle Ditch said...

Oh my god... How lucky was she!! You must have been so worried! I hate it when one of my cats goes missing. The last one was gone for a month before I found out that he had been killed on the road.

i beati said...

I've been praying and praying I'm so happy Vada the great returns..sk

morgetron said...

Happy Ending Yay!

Anonymous said...

Oh good, your cat came back! (Thanks for not telling!)
What's happy is the Lieutenant is back and the Cattain can have some company.
What's sad is that the poster looks just like her, yet most people would probably not realize that it's accurate! I see why you had to have photos up as well......

Your Pal, David Hoskins said...

Now you and Lou Ryan get the fun of taking down all of those fliers.

:-)

Spoony Quine said...

Why thank you, David! It was delightful!

Kingcover said...

Any idea where she went to or got up to? Probably away chasing the local tomcats and making their lives 'hard' and miserable :-P

Spoony Quine said...

` Actually, Dr. Nociceptor was supposed to write about that, but she's been too busy. Sheesh!

Your Pal, David Hoskins said...

So I take it, the Dr is not in?

:-(

Spoony Quine said...

` No, I'm afraid she won't be in until Wednesday. You can take a raincheck, right?

Unknown said...

I am so glad you have the drawing skill to get that Vada poster out. I am even happier that Vada is not safely home. So is Alex.

Spoony Quine said...

` She's the most happy, I think. The way she curls up on my lap and just purrs and looks up at me like a little baby... she's not an outdoor cat! She's truly infantile!

Mona said...

I'm so glad you found Vada again!

Spoony Quine said...

Oh, I never told you? Indeed... we found her because she was trying to find us, so it was a mutual thing.