Monday, September 10, 2007

Back with more Twisted Little World!

` I was around twenty years of age during this time of tremendous... um... healing from horrible pain. And what better thing for me to draw at this time than....

` Isn't it uncanny? (I'm going to pretend there is no potential for puns.)

` And that is but a detail of what is to come. And what is to come? First, we have a blurry (and thus drastically-shrunken) sketch of some Peeing Pumpkins on the Historic Medina Square! (Warning: The website doesn't seem to make much sense.)

` Oh yes, and tables from the evil Cool Beans, which had just taken over the Arabica coffee house.
` Not long after that, I sketched the nearby 57 millimeter cannon from World War II (which I always used to play on as a small child) and then I sat down to a meal at Dan's Dogs with a friend of mine.
` Unfortunately, it's also blurry, but not quite as bad as the last one.

` Oh, and I added some Yoplait Nouriche bottles later on because there just wasn't enough interesting stuff on the square.
` Though they used to give me 'allergic reactions' as it says at the bottom, I later found out that my 'milk allergy' was actually a panic attack that used to strike me after consuming dairy products. I got over it, too!
` But, at the time, I was so into yogurt smoothies that I made a Dannon Frusion pyramid... of DOOM! (I frankly have no idea what the Japanese writing is all about, but trust me, it's quite out of place.)

` There's also one of the last packages from a now-extinct design of Reese's Pieces (rest in pieces!) and a limited edition InsideOut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (peanut butter on the outside, chocolate on the inside).
` And yes, they do kill Tom... with their rich peanutiness! Tom would be my mom's boyfriend. They live on a boat together in the Atlantic Ocean.

` I don't know what I was thinking, but I was really loving my crackers and my creativity. (Note: This was back when Nabisco Vegetable Thins were shaped like little vegetables!)

` I think the others submitted to the Vegetable Thins' ways after the Chicken in a Biskit cracker couldn't find any eyes to peck out.

` And here we have the page from which the Arizona Green Tea can was derived....

` The Cool Guacamole chips were Lays, which I've just determined from this picture. Well, at least that packaging design is still going!

` Ah, more Tom-killers! The M&Ms of Death! But these are not ordinary M&Ms of Death... they are black and white! (A major news event/marketing ploy!)

` Oh yes, and a Fuze bottle - though not as pretty as the original. (There are a few even more mutated Fuze bottles in this sketchbook.)

` My fav... Starbucks is an evil trickster! That's why I refer to it as 'Starfbucks' - yeah, sure, that's how you pronounce it!

` It made my dinosaur run away!

` Aaaand, now what? It's Figgy the Kiggy, found at the Lafayette Greenhouse! A cute little boy, but hard to draw because he was incapable of refraining from his constant meowing and climbing things.
` His tail was most likely severed in the womb by his umbilical cord, and as a consequence he sees other cats' tails as profoundly interesting. Figgy is also known for sucking his toes, probably because he never got to know his mommy.

` As you can see, he had thought my pencil was also astonishing.

` Now, this was around Christmas, at which I received three boxes of chocolates, I don't remember who they were from.
` I at least made a point to draw them all before I ate them. Wasn't too fond of the white chocolates, though, because they're white and I am a chocolate racist. (As well as a white grapefruit supremacist! I can be so contrary at times....)

` As I recall, it was the wrong gift entirely, as I was struggling with some runaway weight - which went from a lean 120 to a chubby 150 pounds! It was the medication I was on at the time (one that treated an illness I never had) - but at least I switched to this other (also inappropriate) medication that made me throw up constantly for two weeks (thus, preventing me from even taking it any more) and I lost all that weight!

` As you may know, I've long been off the ridiculous medication rollercoaster and am now getting buff - moreso even since my last absurd update on the subject. Oh yeah, baby!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

As I’ve said before, you have tons of artistic talent! Matter of fact, your art—even the doodles—remind me of my aunt, Dorothy. I wasn’t even born when she was your age, but I understand that she was an extremely talented artist from the time she was 4 or 5 until the end of her life.

You want to do a portrait of Alex for his own blog (if I decide to let him have one)?

Have a good week!

Liquid said...

Dammit Girl! You are talented!

Spoony Quine said...

` Great idea, Nick! I'd love a reason to draw a different kitty cat!
` So, like, did your Aunt Dorothy draw product packaging at all?

` And Liquid, I'll say the same to you about your photos!

Anonymous said...

You know, Spoony...... it IS uncanny, while being canny at the same time! You never cease to amaze me!
The chocolates look tasty also. I keep trying to pick them up but I can't quite reach......

Zen Wizard said...

Cool stuff--I enjoyed it.