Monday, April 2, 2007

It's my sun-go-round anniversary...

` ...And I'm only two-and-a-half decades old! It's also my first day of Spring Quarter! And, because of both these phenomena, I have (ironically) about two and a half thousand dollars in my bank account!
` ...Though I would have had more if I had just balanced my checkbook more carefully after pouring so much money into a savings account and then spent (bit by bit) a mere eleven dollars more than I actually had, which resulted in most of my savings account being sucked dry to take care of the extensive overdraft charges!
` So, it's kinda scary - I could have had three thousand dollars! Either way, I have a lot of new friends for some reason....
` And now, a nice sun-go-round anniversary picture of something very important I made last quarter! (I recommend clicking on it for a better look!)

` These are two of many reasons I did so well in my RSS 105 class - just a sample of the pages in my richly-illustrated, hand-written, hand-drawn portfolio, full of all kinds of creative graphs and charts and odd ways of doing the normal, conventional things I was assigned to do. (The pictures are of Lou - a.k.a. Lucas - and myself, my dead cat Katie, and my mom who lives in Ohio. And yes, they're highly smudged.)
` In fact, though I was almost positive I'd either failed the class or gotten a D, I in fact got a B+! That's even slightly better than my math class - the one where I failed a bunch of tests because people were talking during them, though I got A's when they weren't!
` And oh, I've been getting so many birthday cards (and $550 dollars with them, so far....) and even a postcard with a picture of a billboard that says 'See You This Easter!' I was amazed! Do you know what this means? It's a Sign! A Sign from The Big Guy! That's right! Marlin Brando! He will return! On Easter, no less! So now, Easter will be a time, not for my usual merciless slaughtering of chocolate bunnies, but for watching The Godfather trilogy!
` Whoa! Lou just barged into this half of the apartment, "Hey honey, did you know that in 1925, twice as many people preferred cow tongue and spinach as people who preferred hamburgers?"
` I'd have to say, they had a lot better taste back then.
` And now, I must go and slowly plan my next trip around the sun. That, and I have computer homework in all three of my new classes. Until next time... turn blue, climb walls, and have a groovy one!

13 comments:

G-Man said...

Sequine, your Mom is a hot tamale...
I bet she's younger than me too.....Rats!!

Sweetie, thanks for saving my spot for me again OK?

You are very very good!
Thank You for sharing this.....G xo

Spoony Quine said...

` Thanks... but please stop calling me Sweetie! And get out of that tree! You look like a rabid monkey!

G-Man said...

Damn!...Did you pull an all-nighter...

Spoony Quine said...

` Can't hide from me! ^^

G-Man said...

Proffessor..
Have a very Happy Easter!
Galen xox

Spoony Quine said...

` Thanks! I will be slaughtering Chocolate Bunnies by the dozen!
` Hope yours is a good one, too!

Unknown said...

Darn it! Sorry I missed your b'day post. I kept using the link to this blog that you had in one of your recent posts and forgot to use the main link to it so all I got was the same post. I've been ill so leave me alone!! :D
Happy belated 25th and may you have many more 25ths :P

Spoony Quine said...

` Thanks, Gareth! I'll try to stay 25 for as many years as I can!

Unknown said...

I tried the same thing when I was 25. Guess what? It worked for a whole year. Woohoo!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Spoony, any chance of more artwork, before you lose your ability to stay 25? :D

Spoony Quine said...

` Wow, Gareth! What are the chances it worked for a whole year?

` Hang on, Galtron, I have already started the next post. (I keep forgetting how easy it is to make posts here because I don't have to write much!)

Unknown said...

I think you'll find the chances are extremely good. Give it a go and you might surprise yourself!

Spoony Quine said...

` Thanks, Gareth! I will!